Sunday, August 24, 2008

Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, John Mayer & others, Hyde Park Calling 2008, Hyde Park, London, 29 June 2008


I missed John Mayer because I wanted to see my darling Rafael Nadal beat the hell out of Mikhail Youzhny (he did but play did not start till really late so I missed it anyway). I wasn't too disappointed because I haven't caught on to the John Mayer hype - he seems a bit too slow for my liking but knowing my luck, I'll "discover" him at some point and curse myself for not making the effort to see him when I had the chance.

Sheryl Crow looked really good. Girlfriend's got the body of a 20 year old! She sounded great and played all of the hits. I was disappointed she didn't play "The Difficult Kind" and "Strong Enough" though.

Clapton was amazing, I can't help but wonder just how great he was when he was in Cream. I now understand why he consistently appears on Greatest Guitarists lists, the man is incredible. The crowd pleasers were of course "Wonderful Tonight" and "Layla". Clapton ended the set with an all-star encore by bringing out John, Sheryl et al.

Overall, it was a nice day. Made even better by Nadal kicking ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home