Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pearl Jam, Singapore Indoor Arena, 3 March 1995


Set List: Release, Go, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not For You, Lukin, Even Flow, Dissident, Animal, Deep, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Blood Encore 1: Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall)/(W.M.A.)/(Little Wing), Why Go, Porch Encore 2: Sonic Reducer

Aah the 90's. Grunge rock and plaid shirts. Man I miss those days. While everyone was into Nirvana, I don't think I was suicidal or depressed enough then to really get into them until Kurt blew his head off so I opted for the more user-friendly and mainstream Pearl Jam. Unsurprisingly, their Vitalogy tour never came to Malaysia. Shockingly, they did perform in stick in the mud Singapore. Go figure. So me, Heng and Ivan just had to go. Opening act Mudhoney were forgettable. PJ came on stage and gave a hauntingly breathtaking performance of "Release". They did not disappoint and I was a happy camper when they played "Alive" (my fave song at the time) . Vedder smashed his mike stand into the stage at one point but we were all old enough to know that it was most likely pre-planned and not some random rebellious Who style act. Heng will never be forgiven for dragging me and Ivan out 2 or 3 songs before the concert ended because he did not want to get lost in a strange country! Of all places to get stabbed, Singapore would be very low on the list. And he didn't give me money to buy a t-shirt. NOTWITHSTANDING that, it was a rocking concert.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home