Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Tears For Fears, Hammersmith Apollo, 2 May 2005




So before I loved Bono, I loved Roland. I mean I thought the guy was a lyrical genius. So he and Curt decide to put aside their differences, record another album together and tour. They get paid shitloads and the fans are happy so everybody wins. Uncle Barry, Heng and Jess came along for the ride. Uncle Barry went missing hours before the concert but he turned up eventually, feeling his age. At least he wasn't wearing an ill-fitting "Songs from the Big Chair" t-shirt. Anyway no one knew or cared about the new songs but my God, the old songs were brilliant. Everybody, Mad World, Pale Shelter... Heng and I were screaming along. UB wanted to be swallowed by a hole but I think he enjoyed himself. One childhood dream fulfilled.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home