Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Saian Supa Crew, Shepherds Bush Empire, 17 October 2003


So Munhoy asked me if I wanted to check out a French hip hop band. Being naive and thinking hip hop only came from the States I went "French? You sure this is right?". She was right and though they were hip hopping away in French they were effing blinding! The guy who beatboxed was top class, shame we weren't down by the stage.

UPDATE: Sian Supa Crew, 10 September 2005, The Marquees, London

Our favourite French Hip Hop artists were back and me, Grush, Munhoy, Ash and Matt were right at the front. The venue was more intimate than Shepherds' Bush Empire and better in my opinion. It was Matt's first hip hop gig and I think as a Surrey boy, he held up quite well. SSC were pumping and spoke more English this time round. They really got the crowd involved and the beatboxing by Sly was unbelievable. Worth it to just go see 'em for that. This annoying blonde groupie was standing next to Munhoy and was obviously desperate for some SSC cock (she didn't get any in the end). Munhoy fought viciously for a vinyl with blondie and won. SSC are so down to earth and came out of the venue without a posse or any attitude. They signed our free CDs and we got on French TV. Later, around 2 a.m., me and Matt were walking down Oxford Street en route home and who should we pass but SSC. I yelled "Sian Supa Crew, you guys rocked!" and they smiled and waved. Such nice boys.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home