Monday, September 03, 2007

Electric Gardens Festival, Kent, 4 & 5 August 2007


I actually won two camping tickets to the Electric Gardens Festival in Mount Ephraim Gardens, Kent. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either.

As for camping, sod that, so me and Matt just went on the Saturday. The acts on the bill were Kate Nash, Calvin Harris and Supergrass (headliners), amongst others.

Jesus Christ, the amount of Kent chavs was unbelievable. A trip to the dance tent was enough to convince me that this was a poor man's version of Ibiza. But it was a sunny day and Mount Ephraim was kinda pretty and all the food was locally sourced.

Kate Nash - what is with the hype?! Rubbish, she is nowhere near the Tori Amos league.

Calvin Harris - he has good tunes but he really shouldn't open his mouth.

Supergrass - well, we left early to beat the jam but I'm sure they were good. Although, it is sad days when this is the sort of festival they are headlining these days.

Glad I didn't actually fork out money for the tickets!!

Great venue, shame about the acts and punters!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home